Monday, March 31, 2008

The 20 Worst Foods in America- #14



The 20 Worst Foods in America
The U.S. food industry has declared war on your waistline. Here's how to disarm its weapons of mass inflation By: Matt Goulding

14. Worst Sandwich
Quizno's Classic Italian (large)
1,510 calories 82 g fat 3,750 mg sodium 106 g carbs A large homemade sandwich would more likely provide about 500 calories. Cut the Calories: Isn't it obvious? Order a small—or save half for later.


Good Morning Guys,

Monday morning- it's back to work. I'm thankful I have another opportunity to work on my dreams and make them a reality. I realize that in order to do so, I must take care of my body temple. I love Italian subs, so you can how dismayed I was to find out that this one pictured above has 1,510 calories! That's enough calories for a whole day.

Since I'm no longer in my twenties, I have to join all the other health conscious individuals over 30 and follow the above advice. It is hard to pass up the whole sub, but I've learned that if I don't it will show up on my thighs and other places that don't look or feel attractive. How do I do it you ask? Exercise, determination, prayer, talking to myself and telling myself that I deserve to look my best and stay healthy. My compromise it to occasionally have one for lunch, eat half, or if I have the whole sub, I have fruit or vegetables for dinner.

I hope this advice helps as you decide what you will have for lunch today. Remember that being a Winner at life requires sacrifice and passing up on some things or foods that initially look satisfying, but the end result has consequences that may be detrimental to our well being.

Stay Blessed!
Joyce

No comments: