Thursday, January 17, 2008

How Dr. King Overcame Adversities

It is interesting to study the past, particularly biographies of great men like Dr. King to see how they dealt with unjust situations. In a Playboy Interview Dr. King was asked the following in reference to being the acknowledged leader of the Civil Rights Movement and chief spokesman for the nation's then twenty million Blacks: “Are there ever any moments when you feel awed by this burden of responsibility, or inadequate to its demands?”

Dr. King responded, “… Sometimes I am uncertain, and I must look to God for guidance. There was one morning I recall, when I was in a Birmingham jail, in solitary, with not even my lawyers permitted to visit, and I was in a nightmare of despair. The very future of our movement hung in the balance, depending upon capricious turns of events over which I could have no control there, incommunicado, in an utterly dark dungeon…. It was then that President Kennedy telephoned my wife, Coretta. After that, my jail conditions were relaxed….The next day, word came to me from New York that Harry Belafonte had raised fifty thousand dollars…and if more was needed, he would raise that. I cannot express what I felt, but I knew at that moment that God’s presence had never left me, that He had been with me there in solitary.”

My friends, you too can overcome adversities by using the secret that Dr. King used. Actually it’s not a secret; it has been around since the beginning of time. It’s God in our midst who created the universe. A good father leaves an inheritance and a legacy to his children. The secret, the legacy is the Word of God, by which you are enabled and empowered to be the Head and not the tail!

It worked for Dr. King, Gandhi, Moses, Joseph, Jacob, Paul, Madame C J Walker, Helen Keller, myself and countless others. The choice is yours- if you trust him He will take your hand in the midst of your storms and make you a Winner at life! Click on the link below and meditate on this song that Dr. King loved and gave him strength to go on when all hope was lost.

Stay Blessed!
Joyce


From: ArchieB9876 (Youtube.com)

No comments: