Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What Have You Done For Someone Lately?

Good morning guys!
I have some questions to pose. What random act of kindness have you done to keep someone’s feet off the ground? How can we make this last month of 2007 special for someone else? I invite you to write and tell me your answers and suggestions. What are your New Year’s resolutions- lose weight, go back to school, or get a job? Let me hear from you about creative ways to make 2008 your best year yet.

Guess what if we don’t have a vision and act on it daily we could possibly waste the opportunity to make 2008 our best year ever. Let’s embrace the gift of life we have and challenge ourselves to persevere in spite of any real or perceived enemies. Habakkuk 2:2-3 says, “…write the vision and make it plain…that he may run that readeth it, for the vision is yet for an appointed time, but in the end it shall speak and not lie...”

So my friends, if you start now and write your vision, your business plan for 2008, you can be the early bird that catches the worm. You see, life is like running a race. You must condition not only your mind, but your body and emotions. As you head towards your vision, be prepared to walk some, run some and climb the Heartbreak Hills that you will encounter on the way. If there is no pain, there is no serious gain!

The gains I’m talking about come to determined individuals like Madame C.J. Walker, Michael Jordan, Helen Keller, and Mahatma Gandhi. These are victorious overcomers that had a vision and honed their skills night and day while others were taking it easy. Decide today what your legacy will be and do it afraid if necessary. But you must take the first step and write it down on paper and in your heart.

My vision is to develop this site as a resource center to help others get their feet off the ground. My passion is to help individuals be the best they can be. Help me to help others by writing in with your suggestions. I’m waiting to hear from you. Remember you can be a Winner at life!

Stay Blessed!

Joyce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce / Tyler
Thanks for reminding me to reach out to someone else. It's funny how sometimes we get so involved with our own stuff going on that we take forgranted that we even have anything to offer others to help them. Like Tyler said the homeless lady only wanted a pair of shoes...most of us have nice shoes just sitting around that we may not get a chance to wear for years from now...abundance of nice clothes, and just a kind word of encouragement. Or even to help someone else through a ruff situation that they are going through that you have already been through and learned how to make it. I'am so glad that you introduced me to this most uplifting site, especially at this time in my life. It's good to take the focus off of ourselves sometimes and just be grateful for what we do have and try to impart something into someone else who is asking for what we take forgranted. And the feeling of helping...I can't find the words to describe how it makes you feel. For me if I hurting from my own situation...Helping Helps Me to Heal...Working out someone else's situation help me to work out my own indirectly...it's truly amazing!!!

Vonda

Women's Empowerment Support Group said...

Vonda,
Thanks for sharing. Yes, helping others does help the giver. You see when I personally reach out to help others, I help myself. It sort of sounds selfish, doesn't it? Both the helper and the helpee are blessed! I guess it is more blessed to give than receive. It sort of like the helper gets blessed twice. Selfishness can be good when you empower, bless and help heal others. It becomes contagious- it's like a self-reinforcing high. My challenge to other readers is: can you stand to be blessed by helping others?
Stay Blessed!
Joyce