Monday, February 4, 2008

Count Your Blessings And Lower Your Cholesterol

The refrain of a popular gospel song contains the words, “count your blessings, name them one by one…” I found an updated version below with the same old fashioned message. This song came to mind as I received my doctor’s report that my cholesterol level was under 200.

Yes, payday has finally arrived. My steady regimen of exercising 30 minutes a day, eating low-fat meals has paid off and has caused me to reap a harvest of good health. There’s no price you can put on your health. If you don’t believe me ask the millionaire with a diagnosis of terminal cancer which would he prefer- another million dollars or the restitution of his health?

I do believe in counting my blessings and naming them one by one to see what God has done in my life. Why don’t you try the power of praise in your life? Not only is laughter good medicine for the soul, but so is a spirit of optimism and praise. An article by the Ririan project lists 10 benefits of laughter.

Included in the research were findings that state that there is a link between optimistic attitudes and good health. Overall, scientists found that optimistic people are healthier. Their biological makeup is different and they have a more robust immune system.

In the same article, the writer reports that according to some recent research published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, elderly optimistic people were 71 percent less likely to die than the pessimists!

So my friends if you want to live longer learn how to smile and see the glass of life as half full rather than half empty. When you do this, you will become a Winner at life!

Stay Blessed!
Joyce

Click on the link below as you meditate on this song of encouragement by Dietrick Haddon and remember to smile throughout the day.


From: UnitynLove (youtube)

No comments: