Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What's For Dinner Mom? (Low Calorie Baked Chicken)

Good Morning guys,
In my ongoing commitment to improve the quality of my health for myself and love ones, I have selected today a low calorie recipe that I want to try this evening. I plan on varying it by using a whole chicken and stuffing it with a crabmeat stuffing that’s available in Kroger’s frozen food section. (I’m not sure of the fat or calorie content in it, but I’m rewarding myself for getting my cholesterol level under 200.) If you are not there yet, I would stick to the basic recipe.

I also selected a humorous video that I feel will bring a smile on your face and will raise your endorphin levels. I need a break and perhaps you do too from all this past Super Bowl and Super Tuesday Election day coverage on television. Why not watch it while you prepare your healthy dinner this evening? And make sure you don’t forget to add steamed veggies,a baked potato (hold the butter and sour cream) or salad.

Remember to be a Winner at life we must continue to develop our mind, body and spirit. I’m off for now- time to exercise and meditate.

Stay Blessed!
Joyce


LOW CALORIE BAKED CHICKEN
Printed from COOKS.COM


Fryer chicken parts or halves, washed and salted and peppered
Layer in 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with paprika and dry parsley flakes. Add about 1/4 cup water in pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a small shallow pan of water on lower shelf of oven underneath pan of chicken. Cook for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done (do not cover chicken pan). This chicken has a wonderful brown crust and is tender and juicy. (Barbecue sauce can be brushed on about 20 to 25 minutes before done, if desired). The pan of water method can also be used with other meats to keep them juicy.


From: Kitti1 (youtube.com)

No comments: